Redeemer


Dead Week and Finals Week have left me with little time to spare, so I haven't had the chance to post in a while. Soon, finals will be over and I will have time to think again! But for now, I thought I would share something I wrote a while ago. This is a poem called Redeemer. It's not the best, and I see a lot of things I want to go in and revise, but this is how I felt at the time, so this is the most true version. :) (And no, the formatting is not messed up...that's how it was originally formatted.) I think it's fitting for the season, since Jesus came to earth as the Redeemer...

Redeemer

Your grace is infinite and
extravagant.
It rushes into my life like a roaring river
            to the sea.
Time does not hold You captive - You forgive
            time and time again.
You turn back the clock to a time of innocence with each cleansing of my heart
            by Your blood.
                        It flows through my veins to make me
                        whole. To make me
                        new.
            You flood my heart with a fullness that
cannot be explained.
Your forgiveness is greater than any offense
            I commit.
                        I have committed.
                                    I will commit.
In You,
I am free
            of condemnation.
I am free
            of the fear of striking out.
I am free
            from the need for perfection.
I am free
            from working to deserve You.
I am free
            to sing of joy.
I am free
            to bask in Your presence.
I am free
            to speak truth into the lives of others
            just as You
                        speak truth
                                    to me.

Sin is
            broken.
My chains are
            broken.
My heart is
            broken, seeing Your body
BROKEN

            for me
                        and for lives that are broken.
                                                Your mercy requires no payment
                                    but asks for death;
                        for me to come and die,
            to get over myself,
to share love with Your children.
You wrap me in grace
                                    so that I might wrap my arms around the
hurting. The
needy. The
poor. The
weary.
You are my God
                        but You are theirs too:
                                                Your mercy knows no prejudice.

“Redeemer!”
We cry out
            because You redeem us from our
sin.
failures.
mistakes.
fears.
unrighteousness.
                        The more sin,
                                                the more grace.
                                                                        I do not set aside Your grace.
                                                                        It is a gift, more precious than my
                                                thoughts. My
                        desires. My
life. 

Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS POEM SO MUCH! I am sharing it right now with my friend.

    Can I print this out?
    Is that okay?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Give Them Jesus

Waiting on Sunday

Passionately Seeking