Beautiful Reminder

My journal entry for the night. :) 


You are constantly proving 
that You don't need my help.
For years, I poked, prodded, & pushed toward 
an ideal, toward a checklist, toward hypothetical perfection.
I desperately yearned to see change,
so I resolved to make it happen.
I desired it, waited for it, anticipated it, expected it.
But I was let down. 
Devastatingly.

Then out of the blue, You hit me with the realization that
You are the one to design & initiate transformation. 
It's not up to me.
And all of a sudden, 
I see how You were preparing this all along. 
I'm out of the way & You have room to work.
He absolutely flourishes,
and in Your perfect timing.
My plans were many, but Your purpose prevailed.
I rejoice in the beautiful reminder that I am free from
making people into who they "should" be.
I'll just watch You work with who they are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give Them Jesus

Waiting on Sunday

I Left My Heart in Southeast Asia...