Thankful

Thanksgiving was last week, so it almost seems like this post is a bit late. But really, thankfulness is becoming a theme of my life lately, so why limit it to a single holiday? I am thankful for so much, but there are a few things that are really on my heart...


I am thankful for the generosity of the people around me.
I have been overwhelmed by the giving nature of some people I know. There are those who give financially - many have supported me in raising funds for my trip overseas this Christmas. They have given without hesitation. And what's even cooler is that they are giving how God leads; for example, one of my friends wrote out a check for an amount that he felt God was leading him to give. It ended up being almost exactly what I needed to meet a certain goal. Not a coincidence. Then there are those who give their time. And for me, time is almost just as valuable as money. I have friends that continually make time for me in their busy lives or let me pop into their lives at any time. Their schedules are always open to me. And then there are those who give their wisdom. I am blessed to have multiple people who share their experiences with me, but more importantly, point me back to the gospel time and time again. I am so thankful that people give what they have to invest in my life. 


I am thankful for God's provision.
God is crazy in this aspect. I've always known to trust, but it's amazing the way God shows Himself when I actually do have faith. He's provided for my trip. He provided me with not one, but two great jobs. He provided 3 amazing roommates. He provided a church that I am so grateful to be a part of. He provided for school, and I am thankful that I just have the chance to go to school. He even comes through in small ways, like providing me with unexpected free time the week that I'm going crazy with schoolwork. He promises to be enough for me, and He is constantly showing that. 


I am thankful for hard times, mistakes, and heartache.
Yes, I am aware of how strange this sounds. And you'll notice that I didn't say that I enjoy those things. But I really am thankful for them. My faith has been strengthened this year through some unexpected events. God really shows me how to trust Him when the worldly things I put my trust in fail me. He shows me how to rely on Him when the control I thought I possessed slips away. He comes in and transforms my heart when it is broken. He is able to heal me when I am wounded. I have seen God's faithfulness more than ever. I understand more why He is called the Rock; He is never changing, never shaken, always firm. His love, mercy, and grace endure forever, and going through rough patches gives me a whole new perspective of who He is. I have learned to trust something bigger than myself and to have faith that He is beside me through each and every moment. I'll say it again - God is incredibly faithful! He keeps reminding me of just how he is working in me. Recently, someone said something to the effect of, "You are not at all the same person you were a year ago." I take that as a huge sign that God has been working in me through the good and the bad and is transforming me to look more like Christ! And I am so thankful for transformation! 

Comments

  1. This ole world could use a whole bunch more Bethanys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Give Them Jesus

Waiting on Sunday

Passionately Seeking